Will Gordons’ repair my camera?
Gordon’s doesn’t repair any cameras in our store, but we do send cameras to certified repair facilities for most brands, except the following:
How long will my repair take?
Normal time, plan 4-6 weeks.
“Normal” time? …What would cause delays?
- How busy they are. Holidays are especially busy; repairs will take longer if they are dropped off pretty much anytime in the month of December.
- Parts availability. Let’s face it, sometimes parts will need to be ordered and some parts may be back ordered; so times quoted are only estimates and are out of our control.
- Approval. Until you approve the cost of the repair, your camera just sits there….waiting. No work is done. The sooner you approve it, the sooner its done.
- Plan ahead to avoid time conflicts
- Approve your estimate right away
Getting the estimate: Normally takes 2-3 weeks; fuji takes 6-8 weeks. As soon as we get the estimate we will call you for approval. Once we have your approval normal time for repair is 2-3 weeks.
Clean and check’s: normally take 1 week
Will my camera be repaired under warranty?
This is determined by the manufacturer-not by Gordon’s. When we call you with the estimate we’ll let you know what has been determined.
Is there a warranty on repair work?
Repairs are warranted for 6 months from the date the repair is done (not the date the camera is picked up-so you’ll want to pick up your camera ASAP) with the following exceptions:
- 3 months on Canon point & shoot digital cameras
- 12 months on all Pentax cameras
- 3 months on Bogen (tripods)
When will you call me?
We will call you twice during the repair process:
- To approve the cost of the estimate (normally 2-3 weeks after you drop it off; 6-8 weeks for Fuji)
- When we receive your camera back from the repair facility (normally 2-3 weeks after you approve the cost).
What if I decide to not have it repaired?
Just let us know that you are declining the estimate on your repair; we’ll have your camera returned to us (please allow 1 week) and we’ll call you as soon as it arrives; or let us know if you don’t want your camera back and we’ll have it discarded.
If we don’t hear from you…
After giving us the estimate, the repair facilities hold your camera for about 30 days for approval; then they return the unrepaired camera to us. We’ll hold the camera for about 90 days, then it is discarded.
What about my deposit?
This handling fee is used to pay for our time and the cost of shipping; sorry NO refunds.